Sunday, February 07, 2010
First of all, what is a .deb file ?
It is a package which contains everything you need to install an application (often coming from Cydia). The package is edited by hackers, they modify the code lines and then it becomes a cracked application.
There's different ways to install a .deb file, we will the main ones :
1st method : Mobile Terminal
[Steps 2 and 3 are only if you never installed a .deb file with this method]
1/ Download the .deb file you want (example : LockInfo)
2/ Start Cydia, go to "Search", type "Mobile Terminal" and install it
3/ Repeat step 2 for "OpenSSH"
4/ Start "MobileTerminal"
5/ Type the following commands :
- su (press return)
- alpine (press return) /!\ You won't see the typed password then don't worry /!\
- dpkg -i nameofpackage.deb (press return, replace nameofpackage with LockInfo for the example)
Note that you can rename the .deb file like 1.deb (it's easier to type)
2nd method : iFile (+ Safari Downloader)
- a jailbroken iPhone
- OpenSSH installed (search in Cydia)
- afc2add 1.01 fix usb if jailbreak was done with Blackra1n.
- copy the file iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the installation folder of the SSH software used.
- display the hidden files
- the file iTunesMobileDevice.dll is there : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin
1/ Start the SSH software you want (WinSCP, FileZilla, iFunBox...) and connect to your iPhone
2/ Copy a .deb file in var/Mobile/ or the folder you prefer
3/ Install the .deb file just by clicking on it
4/ Reboot your iPhone
3rd method : AutoInstallation
1/ Connect to your iPhone with SSH software
2/ Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall into var/root/Media/
3/ Reboot your iPhone